At St John’s we take our mission as a parish very seriously and try to bring others to a saving relationship with God in Jesus Christ. We also take seriously our call to support the mission of the Church beyond our parish.
At St Johns we pledge that at least 10 – 12% of our income is used to help the wider mission work of the church as well as those in need of special assistance.
In 2019 we:
Gave generously to the general funds and specific projects of the Anglican Board of Mission, Australia, as well as the individual donations from parishioners by way of Lenten and Christmas envelopes
- Supported Anglicare
- Supported Bush Church Aid
- Supported CMS
- Supported Anglican Aid Abroad
- Supported Kaddy Transport Dee Why
- Supported L’Arch Australia
- Supported Act for Peace
- Supported Anglican Aid drought and bushfire appeals
- Manly Warringah Women’s Resource Centre
Gave assistance to many needy people who knocked on the Rectory door or came to the Parish Centre for help.