O God, Creator of the World,
We ask your mercy on us in the face of the threat to so many from the Covid-19 coronavirus.
We pray for
- those already infected with coronavirus that they may receive prompt, effective and compassionate medical care that will restore them to health
- your protection and grace for all medical professionals who are courageously treating those infected with coronavirus. May they be shielded, strengthened and guided as they administer healing treatments and care
- your protection over those most vulnerable to disease: the elderly, the poor, the disabled, those weakened by other health conditions, babies and children
- those under quarantine or in isolation that they might be comforted by your presence and protected from disease, anxiety and fear
- our public healthcare leaders and government agencies that they might be informed and well prepared as they deal with the coronavirus. Grant them the resources and personnel they need to use their wisdom in the best interest of public health
- the researchers who are tracking the course of the coronavirus. May they uncover patterns that will help us understand how to stay healthy
- those searching for treatments, cures and vaccines. Guide them, reveal new ideas and accelerate their discoveries to fight this disease
- for the communities, areas and countries hardest hit by coronavirus. Restore their sense of wellbeing and community. Sustain them, comfort them and give them hope
- for all whose lives are disrupted by the coronavirus. We pray for families who have been separated and for those whose livelihoods have been jeopardized.We look to you, O God, praying that the spread of the coronavirus will be halted and that many lives might be spared.
We pray that through this crisis you may draw us closer to you, grow our compassion and increase our knowledge.
Thank you that you are the Great Physician who not only heal us but who are a very present help in our time of need.
We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who “Took up all our infirmities and carried our diseases.” Amen.